Friday, October 8, 2010

Gumballhead


Gumballhead
Three Floyds Brewing Co.
American Pale Wheat Ale
5.5% ABV

OG?

28 IBUs

12 oz bottle with no freshness date poured into a Samuel Adams “perfect pint” glass. I was assured of its freshness by the guy who sent it to me


Appearance 3.5/5
Cloudy golden orange with tiny head that was almost a collar, and yet, left some lacing.

Aroma 3.5/5
Perfumy wheat malt and breadiness. A little weak, but inviting.

Taste 3/5
There's not much to taste and this one is certainly not complex at all: slightly sweet, slightly bitter, some flavor that's tough to name. Perhaps fruity and strangely enough, slightly astringent. It needs a drier finish.

Mouthfeel 4/5
Thin as it should be but not watery. I noted some astringency in taste which, frankly speaking, was not unpleasant. Very refreshing, but a drier finish will help this one.

Drinkability 4/5
Lower the alcohol by 1.5% ABV and we'll talk. Very good! Now that I am done singing praises, I have to say that 3 Floyds has done a pretty good job of making their mediocre beers look awesome. I have had Dark Lord on one occasion and that too is contributing towards my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment