Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Galactic Double Daisy Cutter

Galactic Double Daisy Cutter
Half Acre Brewing Co.
Double IPA
8% ABV

Bomber courtesy Dan poured into a New Belgium globe.

    Pours a very milky mango color with barely any head. Reminded me immediately of Mango Mama. I can understand that it's heavily hopped and dry hopped and what not but looks pretty fuckin' far from an IPA!

    Complex hop profile to say the least: initially it was mangoes but I can definitely smell the spice and slightly dank notes. Brief suggestion of malt melds really well with the fruit. Off to taste: thankfully bitter! Maybe I have an acute case of LTS or it's just the spicy food but I am having a hard time tasting bitterness in beers these days. Galactic has definitely broken that dry spell for me!!

    Fruity, flavorful and bitter to the bone, this is a straight up DIPA. Some alcohol warmth along with the medium finish. The carbonation is medium and the texture oily, almost viscous. Aside from the looks, it's a good DIPA and a good beer, not to mention that it's thankfully on the lower side of ABV for DIPAs!

2, 4, 4, 4, 4.5

No comments:

Post a Comment