Monday, February 13, 2012

Ruthless Rye IPA

Ruthless Rye IPA
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Rye IPA
6.6% ABV, 55 IBUs

    12 oz. bottle poured into a pint glass. Pours a deep shade of rusty amber with a good off white head. Very good head retention and great lacing. Call me spoiled but many hop forward beers don't excite me because of their not being hoppy enough. I don't get much in terms of hop aroma except some floral-citric notes that could be loosely called West Coast/American.

    The malt notes are much bolder and have a strong presence of rye and bread (and therefore rye bread). The malt profile of this beer seems to be based on SNPA, or at least has the Sierra signature on it. Taste is medium bitter, very bready, and comes with a kick of rye and spice. I remember it being cleaner on tap, but it gets there with warmth.

    Medium bodied and crisp, and overall fantastic. It really is a no brainer at 7.99/6-pack. I am going back to the store when I am done with this sixer.

5, 3.5, 4, 4, 4.5

No comments:

Post a Comment