Saturday, May 21, 2011

Live Oak Hefeweizen


Live Oak Hefeweizen
Hefeweizen
Live Oak Brewing Company
5.2% ABV

Growler poured into a tall weizen glass. Thanks Rubio for the excellent trade. Unfortunately the first growler sent my way leaked and Rubio promptly replaced it. Thanks again.

Cloudy golden hay colored with a very creamy moderate sized white head. The head retention is average, and lacing just meh. Strange.

Strong banana, clove-spice, light sweetness and some refreshing tartness in the aroma; pretty standard for the style but delightful.

Taste is strong on banana, but with a rather empty middle and finish. Not very bright in my opinion --- feels a little watered down, but still very estery. The finish is clean but I think that the aftertaste could've been longer and richer. The carbonation and the body are dead on, and overall a very good hefeweizen.

Appearance 4/5; Aroma 4.5/5; Taste 4/5; Mouthfeel 3.5/5; Overall 4.5/5

1 comment:

  1. Wow I am just not reading fantastic reviews of this one anywhere. I felt the same, this one left me kind of underwhelmed and, honestly, given how much I love Live Oak's amber, a bit disappointed. You can read some more of my thoughts on it at Barley Buddy if'n you're interested: http://9.tc/Z6

    ReplyDelete