Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Lagunitas Sucks Holiday Ale

A DIPA on all counts. 7.85% ABV, intensely hoppy, deliciously malty!

On tap at Stub & Herb's

    Clear and almost sparkly amber colored with a small but creamy head. Good retention and lacing. Looks appealing. Extremely fruity aroma, not exactly my kind, but very very good. I wished it was more dank, but damn! this is very tropical (& good)!

    The taste follows the aroma --- tastes more like fruit juice than a DIPA. The malty sweetness gels very very well with the hops. The light body and the right carbonation work wonders; this is truly a great beer. I thought it would be all hype & fanboy reactions but I was very wrong. With Little Sumpin' Wild and now this, Lagunitas is killing it.

My only complaint is the ABV. Lagunitas is a little too much of a bang for the buck at times.

4, 4, 4.5, 4.5, 4

No comments:

Post a Comment